University of calgary, haskayne school of business, bcomm graduate survey
2004 BComm/BHRM Graduate Survey Report June and November Graduates
A total of 444 of 519 graduates from the June and November 2004 Bachelor of Commerce graduating class were contacted; the remaining 75 students were unreachable. Employment:
• 90% (361 of 402) of students looking for work were employed within six months of graduation
• 91% of those students who had completed at least one co-op term and were looking for work are employed
• 40 students are NOT looking for work
• 2 students declined the survey Salaries: Average Concentration Area Average Salary Salary Range Accounting (All) Accounting (Non-Articling) Accounting (CA Articling) All Concentrations (CA Articling) Business Process Management Operations Management Transportation & Logistics Entrepreneurship & Innovation Finance/Risk Management Risk Management Insurance Human Resources International Business Management Information Systems Marketing Petroleum Land Management Tourism/Marketing
• Percentage employed does not include graduates not looking for work, unreachable or who declined the
• Percentage employed includes all types of positions.
• The average salary includes full-time and contract salaries only; part-time and summer salaries are not included.
• Salary figures include only salaries disclosed and do not include bonuses, commissions or other additional
• Salaries reported in hourly wages were converted to annual salaries using a 40-hour work week.
• The above salary table lists data based on the official concentration area of each graduate; some graduates
were working in other career fields at the time of the survey.
COMPANIES THAT HIRED 2004 BCOMM/BHRM GRADUATES
Office of the Auditor General of Alberta
First Calgary Savings & Credit Union Ltd.
Royal & SunAlliance Insurance Company
BP Canada Energy Company - Gas and Power
Campbell Chapman Close Chartered Accountants
Canada West Equipment Dealers Association
James Yee & Company Certified General
2004 BComm/BHRM Graduate Survey Working by Concentration 115 110 105 100 Total in Concentration Total Contacted Total Working 80 75 70 65 60 55 50 45 40 35 30 25 20 15 10 ACCT BPMA ENTI FNCE FNRM GENL HROD IBUS MGIS MKTG OPMA PLMA RMIN TOUR TRMK TLOG BHRM Note: Of the 92 Accounting graduates contacted, 32% were in Non-CA positions and 63% were in CA Articling positions. There were 13 Non-Acct Graduates working in CA Firms (One Finance and 11 General graduates in CA Articling positions and one MGIS graduate in an IS position)
RESOLVING FELINE SPRAYING Tiberius spies a new neighborhood cat investigating his backyard—an intruder on his turf! He backs up to a chair near the patio door, raises his tail and, with a quiver, lets fly with several quick squirts ffoul-smelling urine. When finished, Ti resumes his business of patrolling for nonexistent rodents between long naps in the sun. Get the Message? Urine stain
Eureka Family Practice2675 Harris St. Eureka, CA 95503707-443-8335Please read and follow the instructions below carefully. AT LEAST TWO DAYS BEFORE YOUR COLONOSCOPY, PURCHASE THE FOLLOWING (all available without prescription): ◦ Four Dulcolax laxative tablets ◦ bottle (238 gms) of Miralax ◦ 64 oz. bottle of Gatorade or other sports drink, flavor of your choice BUT AVOID RED OR PURP