The Twenty-first Century
. . . troops returning . . . many women leaving the workforce
. . .Korean war . . . DNA structure described . . . heart
Y2K. . . blogs, portals, wikis. . . . ‘to Google’ becomes a verb
. . . penicillin available. . . swing music and bobby sox. . .
…Vietnam War . . . Index Medicus appears January 1960,
lung machine introduced . . . polio epidemic: Salk, then
. . . global warming . . . George W. Bush president . . . Iraq
streptomycin structure elaborated . . . Truman president . .
MLA News in 1961 . . .Age of Aquarius… Kennedy
Sabin vaccines . . . Xerox copiers . . . poodle skirts . . .
war . . . Web 2.0 . . . Viagra . . . open access publishing . . .
president; assassinated, Johnson president.DNA
Excellence awardees lunch held Spengers'
November 12, 1947
- Thirteen librarians from nine
synthesized . . . thalidomide babies . . . RML established
restaurant in Berkeley, 2004. Left: George MacGregor, Linda Grix,
institutions in San Francisco and Berkeley assemble in the
• NCNMLG hosts first Tri-Chapter Joint Meeting with
Ysabel Bertolucci, Justine Roberts, Nancy
• MLA President, Marguerite Prime, Met with the group
library of the California State Department of Public Health
• 1961/62 Joint Meeting in Southern California where
MLGSCA and the Pacific Northwest Libraries Group,
for dinner in 1951/52, leading to the relationship with
in San Francisco, and thus begins the first meeting of the
members can also attend the World Health Conference
Jacqueline Wilson, Len Shapiro, Dorrie Slutsker, Rebecca Davis
Medical Librarians of the Bay Area
. Its aims include:
• Gifts & Exchanges and Union List Committees
• NCNMLG participates in the first MLA Western Chapters
Meeting with PNW/MLA, MLGSCA, and the Hawaii
• 1966 MEDLARS workshop draws 66 attendees
• The Organizational Guide
created via amending
• Visiting medical and allied science libraries in the Bay
• CAP, the Colleague Appreciation Program, implemented
• New name in 1967/68: NCNMLG
• Keeping abreast of recent advances in medicine
• Professional Development Grant Program implemented;
$700 distributed to awardees Alison Clement and Barbara
• NCNLMG Newsletter and directory move to electronic-
• Professional Excellence awards still going strong:
NCNMLG Today. . .
. . . energy crisis . . . Wade vs. Roe . . . Genetic engineering
. . . Internet revolution – email, WWW, http://, HTML,
. . . AIDS identified . . .Christo wraps everything . . . smoking
(1973) mechanism elaborated . . . mini skirts and beards .
banned on transcontinental flights . . . Berlin Wall comes
Yahoo! . . . card catalogues closing . . . German
Legionnaires disease. . . Jimmy Carter president. . .
down . . . George Bush president . . . Tienanmen Square . . .
unification . . . Northridge quake . . . Downsizing,
• Diamond Jubilee webpage and blog added to
• Members celebrate 50th Anniversary of NCNMLG in
• Nomination of first candidate for the MLA Nominating
• Average librarian salary in all types of libraries is $22, 700 in
• Nancy Whitten Zinn presents “Challenge, Change and
• First issue of the NCNMLG Newsletter
• First Union List created in 1983 with support of PSRML
•Won MLA Chapter of the Year Award for NCNWeb
new committees: Continuing Education, Exchange, and
• NCNMLG Officers use CLASS ONTYME
• Award for Professional Excellence established
• First duplicates exchange list mailed in 1978/79
• Email/Internet Task Force writes brief articles to the
Newsletter for Internet Flash
• Dues - $15• Membership: 350 in 1996
District Hospital, Banda (U.P.) email [email protected] Tel. No-05192-220415 Fax No.-05192-220415 Sl. No. Name of Drug Strength Pack Form 1 ANESTHETICS 1-1 General Anaesthetics 1-2 Local Anaesthetics 11 Bupivacaine Hydrochloride in Dextrose Injection 1.3 Pre-Anaesthetic Medication 2 ANALGESIC, ANTIPYRETIC & ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS 2-2 Non-Steroidal Ant
APPLICATION FOR ELECTRONIC FLIGHT BAG APPROVAL Ref: NPA 2012-02 including AMC 20-25 and ETSO 2C165a CIVIL AVIATION DIRECTORATE Flight Operations Inspectorate Security Gate 1, Luqa Airport, Luqa LQA 3000, Tel: +356 2555 5606 Fax: +356 21239278, [email protected], www.transport.gov.mt Please complete the form in BLOCK CAPITALS using black or For Civil Aviation Directorate u