Aultman Blood Center Donor Eligibility
This list is not complete. Medical professionals are available at each blood collection center and details of each donor's health and activities are discussed in a confidential setting prior to blood donation. The final determination of eligibility is made at that time. Some donor eligibility rules are specified by the Food and Drug Administration for every blood bank in the country. Other rules are determined by the particular blood bank and may differ between programs. Donor eligibility rules are intended to protect the health and safety of the donor as well as the patient who will receive the transfusion. The criteria listed below are provided as guidelines to assist you in determining whether you may be eligible to be a blood donor. The guidelines listed below were last revised on 02/2007. There may have been some changes to these criteria since the last revision date. The most up to date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the Aultman Blood Center at 330-363-5008.
All people who wish to donate with the Aultman Blood Center will now be REQUIRED to present a State Issued ID or other acceptable form of identification during registration. Acceptable forms of ID include the following:
Aultman Blood Center Identification Card**
**You can obtain an Aultman Blood Center Identification Card by receiving verification of your name, date of birth and address from your group’s assigned mobile chair person. If you are unaware of whom that person is, please contact your school or an Aultman Blood Center staff member the day of the blood drive.
2) Age You must be between 17-74 years old to donate blood at a mobile location. In the state of Ohio, donors who are 16 years old may donate with parental consent, however, according to Aultman policy they are restricted to donating at one of the Aultman Blood Center hospital donor room locations. Donors over 74 years old are also restricted to donor room locations.
3) Weight You must be at least 110 lbs. 4) Health You must feel healthy and well along with having a normal temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and hemoglobin level the day of donation. 5) Nutrition You must eat a full and balanced meal prior to your blood donation. This will help reduce the likelihood of an reation from your donation. You MAY be deferred from donating if:
• You have taken an antibiotic for an infection within the last 2 weeks
• You have had the flu (vomiting, fever) within the last 4 weeks
• You are pregnant or have been pregnant in the last 6 weeks
• If you have had a vaccination or other shot in the last 8 weeks
• You have snorted or used a needle to inject drugs NOT prescribed by a physician
• You have significant heart or lung problems, a chronic illness, or have ever had a blood disorder such as malaria, Chagas’disease, or Babesioisis
• You have used clotting factor concentrates or taken any of the medications on the Medication Deferral List (Proscar, Avodart, Propecia, Accutane, Soriatane, Tegison, Growth Hormone from Human Pituitary Glands, Insulin from Cows, or Hepatitis B Immune Globulin)
• You have donated another blood product in the recent past
• You have had cancer including leukemia
• You have had a blood transfusion, an organ/tissue/bone transplant, or bone/skin graft in the last 12 months
• You have come in contact with someone else’s blood or had an accidental needle stick in the last 12 months
• You have had hepatitis since the age of 11 or have had sex with or lived with someone with hepatitis in the last 12 months
• You have had a tattoo or ear/body piercing in the past 12 months
• You have been in jail, prison , or juvenile detention for more than 72 hours in the past 12 months
• You have tested positive for HIV or you demonstrate certain risk factors for acquiring HIV
Contrastmiddelen voor CT-scan van het hart Informatie en vragenlijst Waarom deze folder? U heeft een afspraak voor een onderzoek van het hart waarbij een contrastmiddel wordt gebruikt. Met een contrastmiddel worden organen en bloedvaten beter zichtbaar op een CT-scan, waardoor eventuele afwijkingen ook te zien zijn. In deze folder vindt u uitleg over het contrastmiddel en een vragen
JOBNAME: cno 25#1 2005 PAGE: 1 OUTPUT: Fri February 11 20:34:45 2005lww/cno/94412/WNO160361Prod #: WNO160361Howard D. Pomeranz, MD, PhD and Abdhish R. Bhavsar, MDAbstract: Seven patients, aged between 50 and 69 years,had typical features of nonarteritic anterior ischemic opticThe medical records of seven patients in whomneuropathy (NAION) within 36 hours after ingestion ofNAION developed sub