1. Which of the following are NOT an effect of NSAIDs on the body?
a. Anti-inflammatory b. Anti-pyretic c. Anti-platelet d. Anti-tussive
2. According to Dr. Kotoures, what should the patient do themselves when their
peak flow meter measures them as in the “yellow zone”?
a. No exercise, consult ATC b. No change in activity or medicine but be cautious c. Reduce exercise, increase medication d. None of the above
3. Which of the following drugs are an antagonist to the Mu receptor?
a. Morphine b. Narcan c. Stadol d. Codeine
4. Which of the following drugs inhibits both the Cox-1 and Cox-2 enzyme?
a. Rofecoxib b. Ketoprofen c. Celecoxib d. Valdecoxib
5. According to the article posted on Blackboard, NSAIDs are least effective for:
a. Muscle injuries b. Ligament injuries c. Tendon injuries d. All of the above
6. Which of the following are NOT considered an eicosanoid?
a. Thromboxanes b. Prostaglandins c. Leukotrienes d. None of the above
7. Corticosteroids inhibit the activity of ___________to decrease both prostaglandin
a. Phospholipase A2 b. Cox-1 enzyme c. Cox-2 enzyme d. 5-lipoxygenase
8. Which of the following long-term medications for asthma cause bronchodilation?
a. Corticosteroids b. Long Acting B2 Agonists c. Antileukotrienes d. Mast Cell Stabilizer
9. Which of the following medications would be contraindicated to administer to a
17-year old football player who is seeking an anti-inflammatory medication
a. Ibuprofen b. Aspirin c. Naproxen sodium d. Ketoprofen
10. Which of the following are OTC medications that will decrease inflammation?
a. Albuterol b. Acetyl-p-aminophenol c. Excedrin Aspirin Free d. None of the above
11. Which of the following effects ARE seen in an NSAID and NOT in
a. Analgesia b. Anti-pyretic c. Anti-tussive d. Anti-platelet
12. Fungal infections of the mouth are primarily associated with which of the
a. Azmacort b. Albuterol c. Zyflo d. Serevent
13. As explained in class, which of the following leukotriene modifiers is perhaps the
best medication because it has the fewest side effects?
a. Zyflo b. Accolate c. Singulair d. None of the above
14. Which of the following is true regarding the effect of opiates o nthe post-synaptic
a. Hyperpolarization b. Hypopolarization c. Increases neurotransmitter release d. None of the above
15. Which of the following is NOT true regarding the effects of strong agonists on the
a. Decreases breathing rate b. Increases diarrhea c. Decreases cough d. Are addictive
16. Which fo the following drugs have a high affinity for both the Mu and Kappa
receptors but only has a high efficacy fo rhte Mu receptor?
a. Codeine b. Demerol c. Stadol d. Narcan
17. Which of the following asthma medications should every asthma patient have
with them in case of an acute asthma attack?
a. Advair b. Foradil c. Atrovent d. Albuterol
18. Which fo the following drugs SHOULD a patient with history of thrombosis take
a. Aspirin b. Vioxx c. Acetaminophen d. Vicodin
19. Which of following asthma drugs is an LT-synthesis inhibitor?
a. Zyflo b. Singulair c. Accolate d. None of the above
20. Which of the following is NOT true for the proper administration of a “rescue”
a. Should take 2 puffs, 30 seconds – 1 minute apart b. Hold mouthpiece and spacer 1-2 inches from lips with mouth open c. Breath in and squeeze down on the medicine canister d. None of the above
21. Scenario: It is 30 minutes before the beginning of the football game. It’s the first
round of playoffs and your star running back asks for some drugs to help with the pain of his sprained ankle. He has run out of the drugs that your senior students has allowed him to take by the handful for the entire semester. Knowing the above information, which of the following drugs would be best for this situation?
a. Aspiring with food b. Tylenol with codeine No. 3 c. Naproxen Sodium d. Acetaminophen
22. Scenario: The same star running back received a pretty sever quadriceps
contusion. What medication would be most appropriate to help him for the first night after the game>
a. Ibuprofen b. Tylenol c. Bextra d. Naproxen Sodium
Create 2 paragraphs for each of the questions below. In your two paragraphs explain, as clearly and concisely as possible, your answer to domeonstrate to me that you truly understand what to do and why. A) Explain the role of NSAID medications for an athlete who is looking
for an anti-inflammatory effect over an analgesic effect
B) Explain the role of NSAID medication in an acute injury and what
specific medication you would administer to an athlete who has an acute injury and why.
C) Explain the specific steps for a patient to utilize an MDI without a
1. Name the only drug that binds to the Mu receptor that is NOT a controlled
2. How many milligrams of codeine are in Tylenol with Codeine No. 2?
Utilisation du nouveau système Anti Spam Principe de L’Anti Spam. 3 Les scores . 4 Utilisation du rapport de Spam . 5 Liste noire et liste blanche . 7 Consultation des dossiers Spams et Quarantaine . 8 Contact . 9 Introduction L'objectif de ce document est d'aider à comprendre le système de gestion du rapport anti Spam que vous recevez tout les matins. Qu’est ce qu�
Procedura di valutazione comparativa per la copertura di n. 1 posto di Ricercatore universitario presso l’Università degli Studi di Genova, Facoltà di Medicina e Chirugia, settore scientifico – disciplinare MED/38 Pediatria Generale e Specialistica.- D.R. n. 324 del 14 Maggio 2008, pubblicato nella Gazzetta Ufficiale n.43, IV Serie Speciale del 3/06/2008 RELAZIONE La Commissione,