Dr.p.srinivasa babu resume 08.05.2013.doc
DR. SRINIVASA BABU. PUTTAGUNTA
Cell No: 09866399382, Fax: 0863-2534468
• Ph.D., August 2006
J.N.T University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Dissertation Work : Enhancement of Dissolution rate, Bioavailability and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Celecoxib and Refecoxib by Solid Dispersion Technologies using Newer Carriers.
• Master of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics, March 1997
Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, India.
Dissertation Work : Formulation and Evaluation of Self cross-linked Gelatin and Albumin Microcapsules containing Trifluoperazine Hydrochloride.
• Bachelor of Pharmacy, June 1994
• Focus & Efficient:
My instinctive focus forces me to be efficient and to pay my attention on the important
things among many other things. Also I am an extremely valuable team member as I try to keep everyone on point.
• Learner & analytical:
I am energized by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence.
Also I try to apply what I have learned to analyze. I would like to peel the layers back until gradually the root cause or causes are revealed.
• Achiever & active:
The desire to achieve drives me towards my aim and I am active in reaching the
accomplishment. It is the inner power which causes me to set the pace and keep me moving.
2006 - Present
Professor & Principal, Vignan Pharmacy College, Vadlamudi, Guntur Dist, A.P. India.
1997 – 2006
Asst & Assoc. Professor, K.V.S.R. Siddhartha College of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
Vijayawada, Krishna Dist,
Solid Dispersion Technologies using Super Disintegrants as Carriers
• Enhancement of Dissolution rate, Bioavailability and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of poorly
soluble Drugs by Solid Dispersion Technique. Analysis Methods such as UV, HPLC, X-ray diffraction, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, in-vitro
release studies, solubility and stability studies were used for investigation.
Solid Dosage form Formulation
• Unit operations : blending, milling, wet granulation, direct compression, fluid-bed drying,
• Drug products characteristics : Potency assay, dissolution tests, moisture content, friability,
Formulation and Evaluation of Self cross-linked Gelatin and Albumin Microcapsules
containing Trifluoperazine Hydrochloride.
• Designing Anti-Psychotic drug in Sustained Release Tablet for Oral Delivery to maintain
Zero order release by employing self cross linking technique. Analysis methods such as UV, HPLC, in-vitro
release studies, solubility and stability studies.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
National : 40
01. Dendritic nanocomposite for delivery of antibacterial agent, Journal of Acute Disease
, 15th March, 2013.
02. Invitro Evaluation of Anthelmintic Activity Of Flower Extracts of Ixora Coccinea Linn., The Indian
, July, 2012.
03. In Vitro Anti Inflammatory Activity of Tecomaria Capensis (Thunb)
Leaves of Different Extracts., Current
, June, 2012.
04. Evaluation of Antibacterial Activity of Fresh and Dry Flower Extracts of Caesalpinia Pulcherrima
05. A Comparative Antibacterial Study of Ixora Coccinea
L. Plants with Red, Orange, Pink and White Flowers,
, June, 2012.
06. Investigation on central nervous system effect of Different Extracts of Tecomaria Capensis Spach Leaves, The
, April, 2012.
07. Evaluation of Antibacterial Activity of Flower Extracts of Ixora Coccinea Linn, The Indian Pharmacist
08. SARACA ASOCA-In the Management of Pain and Inflammation, Pharmacologyonline 3
09. Formulation and invitro evaluation of chewable Ibuprofen tablets, Inventi Impact
10. Characterization and optimization of various polymers for buoyancy and Lag Time Using 22 Factorial Design,
The Indian Pharmacist
, January, 2012.
11. Orphan Drugs, The Indian Pharmacist
, May, 2011.
12. Validated RP – HPLC Method for the Estimation of Tenofovir in Tablet Dosage, IJPI’s Journal of Analytical
13. Comparative study of cardiac action in infected and non-infected leaves of Ocimum tenuiflorum, Der
Pharmacia Sinica (Pelagia Research Library)
, April 2011.
14. Evaluation of the analgesic action of the different extracts of Tecommaria capensis leaves, Asian Journal of
Plant Science and Research (Pelagia Research Library)
, April 2011.
15. Spectrophotometric Methods for Analysis of Prulifloxacin in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms, The Indian
, December, 2011.
16. Preparation and Evaluation of Glimepiride by Solid Dispersion Techniquest Using Cyclodextrin Complexes,
, October, 2011.
17. Cytotoxic Effect of Bixa Orellana L.Seed, The Indian Pharmacist
, August, 2011.
18. Spectrophotometric Methods for the Analysis of Amisulpride in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms, The Indian
, January, 2011.
19. Enhancement of solubility and dissolution rate of Irbesartan by solid Dispersion Technique, The Indian
, December, 2010.
20. Enhancement of Solubility and Dissolution Rate of Telmisartan using Porous Drug Matrices, Inventi
21. Hollow Microspheres of Aceclofenac A Gastroretentive Controlled Dellivery SyStem, Adv. Pharmacol.
22. Enhancement of Solubility and Dissolution Rate of Olmesartan By Solid Dispersion Technique, The Indian
23. Formulation and Evaluation of Etoricoxib Tablets Employing its Solid Dispersions in Super Disintegrants,
Journal of Pharmaceutical Technology and Research,
24. Formulation and Release Characteristics of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Matrix Tablets Containing
Verapamil Hydrochloride, Pharma Buzz,
25. Effect of Casting Solvent on Permeability of Antihypertensive Drugs through Cellulose Acetate Films,
Research Journal of Pharmacy & Technology,
26. Preparation and Evaluation of Glimepiride by Solid Dispersion Techniques Using Cyclodextrin Complexes,
Pharma Bio World,
27. Enhancement of Dissolution Rate of Etoricoxib by Solid Dispersions in Superdisintegrants, Pharma Buzz
28. Enhancement of Dissolution Rate of Celecoxib by Solid Dispersions in Superdisintegrants, Indian Drugs
29. Enhancement of Dissolution Rate of Glimepiride Using Newer Carriers, The Indian Pharmacist
, March 2008.
30. Formulation and Evaluation of Rofecoxib Tablets Employing Its Solid Dispersions In Superdisintegrants,
Pharma Bio World
, December, 2007.
31. Development of Verapamil Hydrochloride Controlled Release Tablets Using Poly (Ethyleneoxides), The
, November, 2007.
32. Enhancement of Dissolution Rate of Rofecoxib by Solid Dispersions in Superdisintegrants, Pharma Bio
33. Enhancement of Dissolution Rate of Piroxicam by Solid Dispersions Using Newer Carriers, The Pharma
34. Development of Diltiazem Hydrochloride Controlled Release Matrix Tablets Using Poly (ethylene oxides), The
, August, 2007.
35. Enhancement of Dissolution Rate, Bioavalability and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Refecoxib using Super-
Disinegrants, The Indian Pharmacist
, August, 2007.
36. Development of Diltiazem Hydrochloride Controlled Release Matrix Tablets Using Poly (ethyleneoxides), The
, August, 2007.
37. Invitro Evaluation of Glimepiride Tablets, Indian Pharmacist
, November, 2006.
38. Determination of Glimepiride in Pharmaceutical dosage forms by high performance liquid chromatography,
Acta Ciencia Indica
, February, 2006.
39. UV Spectrophotometric Determination of Celecoxib in Pharmaceutical Formulations, The Antiseptic
International : 11
01. A Novel Validated RP-HPLC Method For the Determination of Balofloxacin in Bulk And Pharmaceutical
Dosage Forms, Int.J. Pharmacy and Industrial Research.,
02. A Validated RP-HPLC Method for the Assay of Balofloxacin in Bulk and Pharmacetuical dosage forms, Int.J.
10th February, 2013.
03. A Validated RP-HPLC Method for the Assay of Prulifloxacin in Marketed Drug Product Using Levofloxacin As
An Internal Standard, Int.J. Chem.Sci.,
30th November, 2012.
04. Wound healing activity of chloroform extract of coccinia grandis on excision, incision & dead space wound
model in rats, Int.J.Res. Pharm.Sci.,
, July, 2012.
05. Evaluation of Antibacterial Activity of Flower Extracts of Allamanda Cathartica
Linn, International Journal
of Pharma World Research
, June, 2012.
06. Analysis of Amisulpride in Pharmaceutical Dosage forms by Noval Spectrophotometric Methods, Sadguru
Publications (Int. J. Chem. Sci.)
, June, 2012.
07. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Leaf Extracts of Tecomaria Capensis in Rats, International Journal of
, April, 2012.
08. Development and Validation of LC Method for the Estimation of Irinotecan in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form,
International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry (IJRPC)
09. Validated RP ~ HPLC Method for the Estimation of Drospirenone in Formulation, Pharmanest (IJSID)
10. Novel RP-HPLC Method, Development and Validation for the Estimation of Levorphanol in Pharmaceutical
Dosage Forms, International Journal of Science Innovations and Discoveries (IJSID)
, August, 2011.
11. New Rverse Phase-H.P.L.C Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of in Vemuraafenib in
Formulation, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Pharmacy and Applied
, September, 2011.
12. New Spectrophotometric methods for the Qualitative Analysis of Prulifloxacin in Pharmaceutical Dosage
, April, 2010.
13. Development and Validation of New RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Prulifloxacin in Pharmaceutical
Dosage Forms, Int. J. Chem. Sci.,
14. Preparation and Evaluation of Delayed Release Diclofenac Sodium Microspheres, Int. J. Pharmacol. Biol.
15. Formulation and Evaluation of Piroxicam Tablets Employing its Solid Dispersions using Newer Carriers, Inter
National Journal of Pharmaceutical Excipients
, April-June, 2007.
National : 24
01. Transecranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS): A way to ease Depression, Research Journal of Pharmaceutical,
Biological and Chemical Sciences(RJPBCS)
, October, 2010
02. Genetically Modified Plants, The Indian Pharmacist
, October, 2010
03. Acoustic Neuroma – Beware of Undue use of Cell Phones, Pharmacologyonline 2: 385-394, ISSN – 1827-
September, 2010 (International Journal Online)
04. Pressurized Fluid Extraction – A Technique for Efficient Extraction of Pharmaceuticals and Food Products, The
05. Pharmacogenomics-The Future Medicine, Journal of Pharmaceutical Technology and Research,
06. Recent technologies in formulation of Oral Insulin, Pharma Buzz
, February, 2009
07. Novel Chemical Approaches For Sustained Drug Delivery, Pharma Bioworld,
08. Nanoparticulate Controlled Release Systems for Cancer Therapy, The Indian Pharmacist,
09. Novel Strategies in Drug Delivery to Brain, Pharma Buzz,
10. Information Technology: An Emerging Trend in reducing Medication Errors in Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy,
The Indian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy,
11. Pulsatile Drug Delivery Systems A Promising Time Release Dosage Form, Pharma Bio World,
12. Gene Therapy, Pharma Bio World,
13. Bio Informatics in Drug Design and Development, Pharma Times
, January, 2007.
14. Nano technology : A new approach in Cancer therapy , Pharma Times,
15. Nanotechnology : A Novel Approach to Drug Targetting, The Pharma Bio World,
16. Nuclear Medicine Imaging: A Development Tool in Pharmaceutical Research, The Indian Pharmacist
17. Pick’s Disease : A Neuro Degenerative Disorder, The Antiseptic,
18. Targeting of Drugs to Brain / Central Nervous System, Pharma Bio World
, June, 2005.
19. Pharmacogenomics : A Treasure in Drug therapy , The Pharma Review,
20. Solid Dispersions : An approach to improve Solid Formulation Development, Pharma Bio World,
21. Arthritis and Management, The Antiseptic
, October , 2004.
22. Protein and Peptide Drug Delivery, The Pharma Review
, February, 2004.
23. Supra Molecular Drug Delivery, The Pharma Review,
April , 2003.
24. Microwave Associated Organic Synthesis, A Novel / Technique for Organic Synthesis. The Indian Pharmacist
1. “Formulation and in vitro Evaluation of Lyophilized Nanoemulsions of Antihypertensive Drugs
P.Srinivasa Babu & Poluri Koteswari, Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences & Acharya Nagarjuna University,
young Scientists Convention – 2011, October 27-28, 2011. Awarded 2nd Prize
2. “Characterization and Optimization of Various Polymers For Buoyancy and Lag Time Using 22
”, P.Srinivasa Babu & G. Kishore Babu, Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences & Acharya
Nagarjuna University, young Scientists Convention – 2011, October 27-28, 2011.
3. “Formulation and Evaluation of Eudragit Rspo Microspheres of Linezolid
”, P.Srinivasa Babu & K. Sri
Harika, National Seminar on Particulate Drug Delivery Systems, Bapatla College of Pharmacy 9th & 10th July 2011.
4. “Preliminary Phytochemical Screening For Antiseptic Activity of Couropia Guianensis Aubl Flowers and
Formulation of Handwash
”, P.Srinivasa Babu & R. Karthikeyan, National Seminar on Particulate Drug
Delivery Systems, Bapatla College of Pharmacy 9th & 10th July 2011.
5. “Solubilization of Candesartan Cilexetil Using Cyclodextrins and Evaluation of the Effect of Hydrophilic
Polymers on Complexing Efficiency
”, P.Srinivasa Babu, International Conference on Recent Advances in
Drug Discovery at University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University Warangal Held from
22nd – 24th October 2010.
6. “Enhancement of Solubility and Dissolution Rate of Telmisartan Using Porous Drug Matrices”
P.Srinivasa Babu & Kishore Babu, 15th Annual National Convention of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, Hyderabad, 2-3 November, 2010
7. Planti Bodies : The Plant Pharmaceuticals, P.Srinivasa Babu & A. Parameswar Reddy, UGC Sponsored
National Seminar on “Medicinal Plants – Cultivation and Conservation Post – Harvest
Technologies : Marketing and Trade”
Hindu College, Guntur on 11th – 12th August, 2010.
8. The Ribosome and the Central Dogma, P. SrinivasaBabu, & Bharadwaja.G, International Symposium on
Emerging Trends in Biomedical and Nanobiotechnology : Relevance to Human Health
Nagarjuna University, Guntur on 19th – 21st December, 2009, awarded 2nd Prize
9. Neem-The Village Pharmacy, P. SrinivasaBabu & R.Santosh Kumar, International Seminar on Medical
Plants & Herbal Products
, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, March, 2008.
10. Plant Constituents in AIDS Therapy, P. SrinivasaBabu & R.Santosh Kumar, Seminar on Recent Trends in
, Chalapathi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and APTI, Guntur, March, 2008.
11. Formulation and Evaluation of Controlled Release Matrix Tablets of Solid Dispersed Prednisolne, P.
SrinivasaBabu & R.Santosh Kumar, 59th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress
, Varanasi, December, 2007.
12. Design and Evaluation of Dilitiazem Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets, P. Srinivasa Babu & R. Santosh
Kumar, National Seminar on Pharmacy and Biotechnology Prospects and Perspectives,
Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guntur, December, 2007.
13. Enhancement of Dissolution Rate, Bio – availability and Anti Inflammatory Activity of Celecoxib by using
super disintegrants as Carriers, P. Srinivasababu and K.P.R.Chowdary, AICTE Sponsored National Seminar
on Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research
, Bapatla, September 17th, 2005, awarded first
14. Evaluation of Isosorbide Dinitrate buccal tablets. P. Srinivasababu and J. Ramesh Babu. National Seminar on
Bioprocess and Production Technologies,
held at Nagarjuna University, December 21st – 23rd , 2004.
15. Preparation and Evaluation of Solid Dispersion Systems of Celecoxib. P.Srinivasa Babu and K.P.R.Chowdary,
International Convention of APTI 2004
, held at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, October 2nd & 3rd, 2004.
16. Nanoparticles as Drug Delivery System. P. Srinivasa Babu and D.V.S. Varma, National Conference for
, Vishnu College of Pharmacy, Bhimavaram, March, 2003.
17. Sustained Release Pattern of Trifluoperazine Hydrochloride by Self–Cross linked Gelatin Microcapsules, P.
Srinivasa Babu and KP.R. Chowdary, National Seminar on Pharmaceutical Research in the new
, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, May 16th – 17th, 2002.
Best Teacher Award -
• Vignan Pharmacy College, Vadlamudi for the academic year 2007-2010.
• K.V.S.R Siddhartha College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vijayawada, for the academic year 2005-2006.
Fellow Ship Award -
• Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy conferred with Fellowship Award
for distinguished and dedicated
services to the profession of Biotechnology and Pharmacy
• Executive Committee Member, Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, A.P. State Branch.
• Nominated as TePP Expert Committee Panel Member, Acharya Nagarjuna University, TePP outreach centre,
• Shiksha Bharti Puraskar Award 2011 by All India Achievers Foundation, New Delhi.
• Nominated as a chairperson for the 63rd IPC Poster session held at Bangaluru, December 2011.
• Project work guided for B.Pharm and M.Pharm students
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
• Life Member of APTI, Regd.No. AP/LM-231
• Life Member of Biotechnology & Pharmacy
• Life Member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association Regd.No. AP/VIJ/LM/0136
• 71st FIP world Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, held from 3rd September to
8th September, 2011 in Hyderabad, India.
• International convention of APTI, Visakhapatnam, Nov, 2004. National :
• 53rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Banglore, Dec, 2011
• 15th Annual National Convention of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, Hyderabad, 2-3
• 59th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Varanasi, Dec, 2007.
• 57th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Hyderabad, Dec, 2005.
• National Seminar on Bioprocess and production Technology held at Nagarjuna University, 21st – 23rd Dec,
• 55th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Chennai, Dec, 2003.
• 47th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Visakhapatnam, Dec, 1995.
REFRESHER COURSES ATTENDED
• Workshop on Quality Improvement Programme sponsored by AICTE, University of Delhi, New Delhi,
• UGC – Sponsored Refresher Course in subject of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Visakhapatnam, Feb, 2004.
• Actively Engaged in Teaching and Research in the area of Pharmaceutics since 1997, and has published 80
• Producing 95% results in Pharmaceutics specilization subjects
• Achieved Best Ranks in NIPER (124th All India Rank) & GPAT (44th All India Rank) overall 26 students
• Question paper setter and external examiner for B.Pharm and M.Pharm courses of the following:
J.N.T University – Hyderabad, Kakinada, Anantapur
Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidhyalayam – Tirupati
The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University – Chennai
Sri Rama Chandra Medical University – Chennai
• Achieved Research Grant (RPS) worth Rs.12,00,000/- from AICTE.
• Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics
AREAS OF INTEREST
• Formulation Development for poorly soluble class II Drugs
• Drug Development from Plant Sources and Pharmacokinetic Studies
• Dr. B. Suresh, Vice-Chancellor & PCI President
J. S. S. University, Sri Shivarathresshwara Nagar, Mysore-570 015 (Karnataka)
The Indian Pharmaceutical Association Education Division, Bangalore, Karnataka.
• Prof. K. P. R. Chowdary, Former Principal
University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, A.P.
Il Tribunale Amministrativo Regionale per il Veneto, prima sezione, con l’intervento dei signori magistrati: Stefano Baccarini sul ricorso n. 891/2001, proposto da Elvis Elettronica Video Suono s.n.c. in proprio e quale mandataria dell’A.T.I. tra la medesima e Tecnocoop S.r.l., in persona del legale rappresentante pro tempore, rappresentato e difeso dall’avv. Umberto Costa, con domicilio
Dr. Ernest Mario, PhD Chairman and CEO Rounding out our top three largest-selling products was Concerta,™ an OROS® therapy for It is a particular pleasure to present to you our 2000Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, designed toannual report, reflecting the best year ever in the have a 12-hour duration of effect, lasting from homehistory of ALZA Corporation. Building upon 32 year