Microsoft word - shannon biosketch
Research Assistant, Violence Prevention Project, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Pre-doctoral Research Fellow, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Aug. 1998-Nov. 2000 Research Specialist, University of Illinois, School of Public Health, Chicago, IL Nov. 2000-Aug. 2003 Program Associate, Population Council, New York, NY Nov. 2006-May 2007 Lead Epidemiologist, Medicins Sans Frontieres, Mozambique Aug. 2003-May 2007 Consultant, Gynuity Health Projects, New York, NY May 2007-June 2010 Senior Program Associate, Gynuity Health Projects, New York, NY June 2010-Present
Lecturer, London School for Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
1994 Howard Hughes Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow
1994 Nominated to Sigma Xi Honor Society
2003 Award for Best Research Presentation (poster) at the Annual National Abortion Federation Conference
2006 Carole Mehlman Gould Prize for outstanding contributions to advancing women's rights to a member of the
National Association for Reproductive Health Professionals
Society for Family Planning, Fellow
National Abortion Federation
New York State Bar, Admitted
Research Projects Ongoing or Completed During the Last 3 Years:
Neonatal Vitamin A Supplementation in Ghana Role: Trial Director Anonymous
Vaginal and Rectal Clostridial Carriage in U.S. Women Role: Principal Investigator Anonymous
Oral and Buccal Misoprostol for Early Medical Abortion with Mifepristone
Role: Research Associate Peer-Reviewed Publications:
1. Shannon C, Veatch M, Chong E, Zane S, Agnew K, Prentice J, Nucatola D, Sheehan K, Newhall E, Winikoff B.
Vaginal and rectal carriage of Clostridia perfringens
among women of reproductive age in the United States: A pilot study. Obstetrics Gynecology. In submission.
2. Shannon C, Chong E, Jennings MC, Winikoff B. What adverse event reporting reveals about the safety of early
pregnancy termination with mifepristone and misoprostol. Contraception. In press.
3. Shannon C, Winikoff B. How much supervision is necessary for women taking mifepristone and misoprostol for
early medical abortion? Womens Health. 2008;4(2):107-11.
4. Winikoff B, Creinin MD, Crowden WA, Goldberg AB, Gonzales J, Howe M, Moskowitz J, Prine L, Shannon CS.
Two routes of misoprostol by mouth after mifepristone for pregnancy termination through 63 days' LMP. Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Dec;112(6):1303-10.
5. Shannon C, Winikoff B. Comment on "Misoprostol impairs female reproductive tract innate immunity against
Clostridium sordellii". J Immunol. 2008;181(4):2263; author reply 2263-4.
6. Isenberg JS, Hyodo F, Ridnour LA, Shannon CS, Wink DA, Krishna MC, Roberts DD. Thrombospondin 1 and
vasoactive agents indirectly alter tumor blood flow. Neoplasia. 2008 Aug; 10(8):886-96.
7. Clark W, Shannon C, Winikoff B. Misoprostol for uterine evacuation in induced abortion and pregnancy failure.
Expert Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2007;2(1):67–108.
8. Shannon C, Wiebe E, Jacot F, Guilbert E, Dunn S, Sheldon WR, Winikoff B. Regimens of misoprostol with
mifepristone for early medical abortion: a randomised trial. BJOG. 2006;113(6): 621-8.
9. Bracken H, Gliozheni O, Kati K, Manoku N, Moisiu R, Shannon C, Tare V, Tasha I, Winikoff B; Medical Abortion
Research Group. Mifepristone medical abortion in Albania: results from a pilot clinical research study. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2006;11(1):38-46.
10. Melgalve I, Lazdane G, Trapenciere I, Shannon C, Bracken H, Winikoff B. Knowledge and attitudes about
abortion legislation and abortion methods among abortion clients in Latvia. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2005;10(3):143-50.
11. Shannon CS, Winikoff B, Hausknecht R, Schaff E, Blumenthal PD, Oyer D, Sankey H, Wolff J, Goldberg R.
Multicenter trial of a simplified mifepristone medical abortion regimen. Obstet Gynecol. 2005;105(2):345-51.
12. Wiebe E, Guilbert E, Jacot F, Shannon C, Winikoff B. A fatal case of Clostridium sordellii septic shock syndrome
associated with medical abortion. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;104(5 Pt 2):1142-4. Retraction in: Obstet Gynecol. 2005;105(3):673.
13. Shannon C, Brothers LP, Philip NM, Winikoff B. Infection after medical abortion: a review of the literature.
14. Shannon C, Brothers LP, Philip NM, Winikoff B. Ectopic pregnancy and medical abortion. Obstet Gynecol.
15. Shannon C, Winikoff B. Use of misoprostol in third stage of labour. Lancet. 2002;359(9307):709; author reply
16. Blanchard K, Clark S, Winikoff B, Gaines G, Kabani G, Shannon C. Misoprostol for women's health: a review.
17. Anderson, TL, Shannon C, Schyb I, Goldstein P. Welfare Reform and Housing: Assessing the Impact to
Substance Abusers. Journal of Drug Issues. 2002;32( 1): 265-96.
18. Guo NH, Krutzsch HC, Inman JK, Shannon CS, Roberts DD. Antiproliferative and antitumor activities of
D-reverse peptides derived from the second type-1 repeat of thrombospondin-1. J Pept Res. 1997;50(3):210-21.
Revista Hórus – Volume 4, número 2 – Out-Dez, 2010 ABORDAGEM FISIOTERAPÊUTICA NA DOENÇA DE ALZHEIMER Atualmente devido ao envelhecimento populacional existe um aumento do número de pessoas portadoras da Doença de Alzheimer, doença esta considerada como o tipo de demência mais comum na população idosa. A Doença de Alzheimer é dividida em três fases, que são classificadas
SECTION 1: IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE/MIXTURE AND OF THE COMPANY/UNDERTAKING1.2. Relevant identified uses of the substance or mixture and uses advised againstDental Cement, a component of kit. For dental professionals only. 1.3. Details of the supplier of the safety data sheetTokuyama Dental Italy S.r.l. 36030 Montecchio Precalcio,via dell' Artigianato, 7,Zona Artigianale Astichelli, Vi