Proposed Entry Criteria for 2012 World Rogaining Championships
The number of entries will be limited to 1,000 people and the team size is restricted to 2 or 3
Applications for entry will be taken via an online entry form that will be available when registration
opens at TBA hours xxx time on 1 November 2011 for Pre-Qualifying Entrants (Phase 1) and TBA
hours xxx time on 1 December 2011 for non-Pre-Qualifying Entrants (Phases 2 & 3).
The entry criteria below, as defined by the International Rogaining Federation (IRF), will give
priority entry to some teams. In addition there will be a ballot of places for non-Pre-Qualifying
Entrants who register within the one week ballot period. This ballot shall be overseen by the IRF
and shall be a random draw. Beyond the ballot period the criterion is order of application so it will
be important for all teams to register as soon as possible.
There are places reserved for non-Pre-Qualifying Entrants so, even if you do not qualify as a
priority entry, it will be important to get your application in during the ballot period or as early as
Registrations will be accepted and confirmed in the three phases defined below.
Pre Qualifying Entrants (PQE)
These criteria are used to determine priority entry during phase one.
1.1) Teams that include at least one past WRC open category champion in their team (MO, WO, and
XO) provided that individual has competed in at least one 24-hour rogaine in the two years
immediately preceding the opening of entries.
1.2) Teams that include at least one person from a team filling the nominated places in any of the 12
age gender categories in the following qualifying events.
• First 7 places in World Rogaining Championships, 2008 and 2010 • First 5 places in European Rogaining Championships, 2010 and 2011 • First 3 places in North American Rogaining Championships, 2010 and 2011 • First 3 places in Australian Rogaining Championships, 2010 and 2011
1.3) Teams that include at least one person from a team that filled either one of the top three overall
first position in an open category (MO, WO and XO) in the most recent (before entries
open) officially sanctioned national 24-hour rogaining championships of any country that has
membership or observer status with the IRF.
1.4) Teams that include at least one person that will be over 40 years at the time of the 2012 WRC
and was a member of a team would have met the criteria set out in 1.2) above for a Veteran
category had that team been eligible for the Veteran category at the relevant qualifying event. Teams
pre-qualifying through this criterion 1.4 may only enter a Veteran category.
1.5) Teams that include at least one person that will be over 55 years at the time of the 2012 WRC
and was a member of a team would have met the criteria set out in 1.2) above for a Super Veteran
category had that team been eligible for the Super Veteran category at the relevant qualifying event.
Teams pre-qualifying through this criterion 1.5 may only enter a Super Veteran category.
These criteria are used to determine entry during phase two.
• Teams from non- (or under-represented) rogaining countries, up to a total of 10 competitors
per country (inclusive of current registrations)
• Teams in under-represented age-gender categories (e.g. WJ, WSV, XJ, MJ), up to a total of
10 teams per category (inclusive of current registrations)
1. A minimum of 200 competitor (ie not team) places will be reserved for people who do not meet the
PQE criteria and these places will be allocated by ballot during phase two. At least one member of
any team registering in this Non-PQE category must have competed in at least one 24-hour rogaine
in the two years immediately preceding the opening of entries.
2. Each country that has full membership of the IRF shall retain a maximum of 8 competitor (ie not
team) places for allocation as wildcard entries to teams considered to be competitive but who do not
Entry Process and Phases
Prior to Registration opening a list of(PQEs) will be published on
As applications for entry are dealt with as set out below they are loaded into t
web page. The web page will show the team status as; wait-listed, in process (invited but not yet
confirmed) or confirmed (by payment) and, if accepted as PQE, under-represented or wildcard, the
Phase One: November 1st 2011 to November 30th 2011
are able to register during this period. PQEs who register within this phase are invited
via email to confirm their entry. They have two weeks to pay following the invitation. If payment is not
received within the two weeks the team loses its PQE status and will be reconsidered in phase three.
All PQE’s wishing to take advantage of their PQE status MUST
register during this period.
Phase Two: December 1st 2011 to December 7th 2011
1. Registration for Non-PQE’s is open.
2. The non-PQE list of Registrants is reviewed at the end of the 7-day open period and teams that
qualify under the National or Age-Gender under-representation criteria are invited via email to
confirm their entry. They have two weeks to pay following the invitation. If payment is not received
within the two weeks the team loses its under-representation status and will be reconsidered in
phase three. The next team in chronological order that qualifies via under-representation will be
3. All remaining Non-PQE Registrant teams from the 7-day open period are then listed in order by
ballot. The first 200 (competitors, not teams) on the list are invited via email to confirm their entry.
They have two weeks to pay following the invitation. If payment is not received within the two weeks
the team then loses their status and moves the end of the waitlist. The next highest team on the
waitlist is then invited to confirm their entry etc.
4. Teams from the ballot that are not in the first 200 competitors are placed on the wait list in the order
established by the ballot and ahead of any registrants from phase 3.
Phase Three: December 8th 2011 to August 15th 2012
1. Registration continues. Teams registering during this period will be placed on the waitlist behind
teams from the ballot process in order of receipt of their registration.
2. PQE priority not in process will cease on 15th January 2012 and all available places released into
3. Under-representation priority not in process will cease on 15th February 2012 and all available
4. Invitations to compete are sent out via email in wait list order.
5. Teams have a two week period to confirm their entry by paying. If not confirmed within the two
weeks the team moves to the bottom of the waitlist and the position is offered to the next team on
6. All wildcard places not allocated by March 31st 2012 will be released into the general pool
After the cap of 1,000 people is reached registrations will continue to be wait listed. Teams on the
wait list will be offered a position if and when prior teams withdraw.
Any disputes over a team’s status under the PQE criteria will be resolved by appeal to the 2012 WRC
On acceptance of your application the entry fee is to be paid into our Paypal account by either secure
credit card transaction or by transfer from a personal Paypal account. A form for making payment will
Withdrawals and Team Changes
A team withdrawing before TBA will be reimbursed 50% of the entry fee, from TBA to TBA 25%, and
after that there will be no refund. The organisers will then offer the place to the next team on the wait
Team membership may be changed (including additions if the number cap is not exceeded) without
charge. However, the entry criteria continue to apply and the organisers reserve the right to remove, ,
teams where the criterion under which they achieved entry is not valid for the revised team.
Teams will compete in the standard divisions as specified by the IRF. In summary these are:
There will be three gender classes of competition: Men’s teams, Women’s teams, and Mixed teams,
the latter being teams that contain at least one female and one male. In addition, some teams will be
eligible for restricted age categories as follows:
• Junior: all team members must be under 20 years of age on the first day of competition. • Veteran: all team members must be 40 years of age or over on the first day of competition. • Super Veteran: all team members must be 55 years of age or over on the first day of
There are thus 12 classes overall: MO, WO, XO, MJ, WJ, XJ, MV, WV, XV, MSV, WSV, and XSV.
Teams are deemed to compete in every class for which they are eligible, that is:
• All teams are in the Open category of their gender class. • Junior and Veteran teams are automatically entered in the Open category of their gender
• Super Veteran teams are automatically entered in the Open and Veteran categories of their
Further, a team member represents the country of which (s)he is a citizen or a permanent resident.
The team with the highest score in each class will be the 2012 World Rogaining Champion. Medals
will be awarded to the members of the top three teams in each class.
By applying to enter participants give their consent to the organisers to set up a database of WRC
participants and publish the names of competitors on the WRC website. The information provided at
registration will not be used by the organisers for any purpose other than for organising the WRC and
If you have any queries about any of the above information first check out tin case
someone else has had the same query. If you cannot find the answer there then post your enquiry on
Pluto in Sagittarius When Pluto entered Sagittarius in 1995 for the first time since its discovery, astrologers werefortunate to have computer programs that make it easy to check what Pluto in Sagittarius has meantto the history of the world. Using the advanced return option of Solar Fire 5 , we were able togenerate a list of all the times since 1 A.D. when Pluto first entered and last left Sa
JR. HIGH/HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION Grade____________ Student Name______________________ Date of Birth ________ Place of Birth____________________ Ethnicity____________ (optional – used for grant writing purposes) Mother’s Name__________________________ Father’s Name_____________________________________ Mailing Address___________________________ Physical Address_____________________